Installing Red Hat Linux on a SPARC system is slightly more complex than
installing Red Hat Linux/Intel, mostly due to differences in machine architecture.
In general, the main steps to a successful installation are:
- Determine which console commands your SPARC systems supports.
- Determine whether you have sufficient memory to use a ramdisk-based
- Determine how you will boot the installation program.
- Determine what installation method you will use.
- Determine whether you will install Red Hat Linux/SPARC from a serial
- Load and run the Red Hat Linux installation program.
Let's look at each of these steps in more detail.