This directory contains the Linux HOWTO documents.
The HOWTO-INDEX provides an overview and index of the HOWTOs.
Plain text versions of the HOWTOs are located in this directory.
Linux-HOWTOs.tar.gz is a tar file of all the HOWTOs in plain text.
- The other-formats directory contains many other formats of the HOWTOs:
- DVI versions of the HOWTOs are located in other-formats/dvi.
- HTML versions of the HOWTOs are located in other-formats/html.
- PostScript versions of the HOWTOs are located in other-formats/ps.
- SGML sources to the HOWTOs are located in other-formats/sgml.
The mini directory contains mini-HOWTOs - shorter free-form HOWTOs on
See COPYRIGHT for a description of the HOWTO copyright license.
You can also browse the HOWTOs at the URL:
Please contact Tim Bynum (the HOWTO coordinator) via email at